Formula 1 news - Autosport Stay up to date with the latest Formula 1 news from Autosport.
- "Impatient" Aitken made first contact with Williams on F1 seat for Sakhir GPon 04/12/2020 at 10:29
Jack Aitken has revealed his "impatience" prompted him to make first contact with Williams about replacing George Russell in Bahrain this weekend for his Formula 1 debut
- Leclerc has "some hope" of Russell winning on his Mercedes F1 race debuton 04/12/2020 at 10:12
Charles Leclerc says he has "some hope" of George Russell being able to win for the Mercedes Formula 1 team in Bahrain this weekend
- Perez opting against taking F1 reserve role in 2021 if he can't land race seaton 04/12/2020 at 09:44
Sergio Perez has downplayed his preferences of accepting a Formula 1 reserve drive in 2021 after he leaves Racing Point
- The effort Mercedes made to get Russell ready to replace Hamilton at Sakhir GPon 04/12/2020 at 09:16
George Russell has revealed the logistical efforts Mercedes made ahead of his Formula 1 race debut with the team, which included preparing and transporting his race suit in several countries
- Ferrari pushing for Sainz to join Abu Dhabi young driver F1 teston 03/12/2020 at 18:54
Carlos Sainz Jr has confirmed that Ferrari is pushing for him to be allowed to take part in the young driver Formula 1 test after the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Ricciardo to meet F1 chiefs over "inconsiderate" Grosjean crash TV replayson 03/12/2020 at 18:21
Daniel Ricciardo will meet with Formula 1 chiefs in Bahrain on Thursday to discuss his unease at the way that endless replays of Romain Grosjean's crash were played on television
- Bottas: Being beaten by Russell in F1 Sakhir GP "wouldn't look good"on 03/12/2020 at 17:15
Valtteri Bottas acknowledges that if George Russell beats him on his Mercedes debut as Lewis Hamilton's replacement for Formula 1's Sakhir Grand Prix "it wouldn't look so good on me"
- Russell wearing size smaller F1 race boots to fit into Mercedes caron 03/12/2020 at 17:05
George Russell has revealed that he is wearing Formula 1 race boots that are one size smaller than normal in order to fit into the Mercedes W11 car
- Russell "in the bathroom" when Wolff called about Mercedes F1 driveon 03/12/2020 at 16:55
George Russell first heard he might replace Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes for Formula 1's Sakhir Grand Prix via a 2am phone call from Toto Wolff he took "in the bathroom"
- Vandoorne: Not being chosen to replace Hamilton at Mercedes F1 team "hurts"on 03/12/2020 at 16:35
Stoffel Vandoorne has admitted that it "hurts" not to have been chosen to replace Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes this weekend, but says he respects the Formula 1 team's decision